Sunday 27 March 2011

Go.

(click to listen to what i was listening to whilst writing this blog)
 




first of all, 
i love you.

how many times in life have we been told that?
from the day we came into this world, 
love has been all around.

sure, families aren't perfect
but we learn to deal with the cards we've been handed.

but what if we settled for what others wanted,
instead of what you, yourself, would like?

what would life be like if we loved more than we fought?
what if we turned hate into love?

lets go to cliche bands like NSN and Jerzak.

was i the only one who caught them in their pity little argument?

i don't think so.

two bands who wanted to push PEACE and LOVE
and yet, as their ages show, they fought.

tell me, where's the peace and love in that?

want to know my opinion?


they're human.


and for them to have done that only shows that people aren't perfect
quite like me.

i'm not perfect by any means.
just as of today, i've given up tobacco and getting drunk

no more dip and drunken nights for this guy.


want to know why?

because of three amazing things.


1. Family.

they're what gets me through the days
i grew up with an older sister and a younger brother
being the middle child in the family honestly, sucks.

you've got to live up to the older ones potential
and then you've got to set the stepping stones for the one below you

easy?
definitely not.


2. Paige.

she's what gets me through my days
even when i've had the hardest day of my life,
i know i can always count on her to put a smile on my face

it's people like her that make the world go round
with her caring smile and her loving ways


3. Jesus.

our God, sent the savior of the world to be a servant
He sent a love that would be ripped to shreds
upon a cross for the wrong that i've done

Jesus, i love you 
and i want to give all i have for you.



my future is on a double edged line right now.

tomorrow will could be a day that will forever change my life
in more ways than one

and want to know the best part of it?

i'm completely ready for whatever happens
because i have three things that a lot of people don't have.

1. family
2. a loving and beautiful girlfriend
3. Jesus Christ, our amazing savior



so where do you find yourself right now?
are you scared of the future?
the future freaks me out (motion city soundtrack)

are you goin to sit on the sidelines because it's safe
or are you gonna suit up and take a couple of hits.

don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
get up and go

you have so much life to live
and yet, what you're settling for is everything than what you were made for.

go love someone.
find a random stranger on the street
and tell them that you love them.

10 bucks says their reaction will be a smile.
why?
because everyone wants love

everyone wants to feel accepted and cared for
just like a child.


we all, in a way, are still loving children.





get up and go.



as always,
sayitevan

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Evan… and I'm so so so proud of you for everything you've accomplished in the past year. And I know it's hard, and I know I make it harder, but I love you so so much, and I really appreciate everything you do for me.. Thank you for coming to see me today :]
    I love you

    ReplyDelete